Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Greek Referendum- easy money shorting the Euro?

It seems almost too good to be true.

Papandreou puts the bailout plan to the vote. He actually calls for a referendum on the bailout. Given the Greek people's thoughts on the austerity measured tied into that bailout, it seems like a no brainer- short the Euro, they vote no, make a ton of dough.

But can it really be this easy? This after all, is a trillion dollar game being played. Would they really leave so much to chance?

But then again, they aren't all knowing. I remember the runup of the markets before the French vote to join the EU. And I made a bundle when the France said non.


So I don't know. But trading is all about following your plan, and I'll be following mine. Prior to the Greek referendum, I'm short the Euro, and looking for some big price action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment